Dr. James Abrams
Dr. James Abrams performed the first refractive surgical procedure (RK) and the first LASIK procedure in San Mateo County, and in fact he has performed over 20,000 LASIK procedures. With over 25 years in the refractive industry, his unparalleled experience makes him a leader in giving his patients the high-definition vision they want.
Dr. Abrams has been involved in research, teaching and lecturing to other doctors, and has published articles in the Ophthalmology press.
Dr. Abrams personally performed the first Radial Keratotomy in San Mateo County in 1984.
Dr. Abrams performed the first LASIK vision procedure in San Mateo County in 1997, and has performed over 20,000 LASIK procedures
Dr. Abrams received his ophthalmology residency training at the famed Mayo Clinic after his General Surgery Training at UCLA, and went to medical school at the University of Kansas, where his father and two brothers also became physicians.
Dr. Abrams’ commitment and experience have earned him a reputation for the pursuit of excellence and for providing satisfaction beyond his patients’ expectations.
- Intralase FS Laser
- Wavelight Allegretto Laser
- Visx S4-IR CustomVue Laser
- Technolas 217A Zyoptix Laser
- Ladar 4000 CustomCornea Laser
- ReStor and Tecnis MF Intraocular Lenses
- Crystalens Intraocular Lenses
- Acrysof Toric Intraocular Lenses
- Technolas Zyoptix XP Microkeratome
- Technolas Hansatome Microkeratome
- Schwind Pendular Microkeratome
- Intacs 10-Step Prolate System
- Conductive Keratoplasty
- Radial Keratotomy